TVA's mission includes power generation and transmission; economic development; flood control, land management and navigation on the Tennessee River system; environmental stewardship; and more.
Because TVA's responsibilities are so varied, we need employees in many different fields. People with an extraordinary variety of skills and talents find a home at TVA. Kick off your career in a progressive, energized environment that will place a high value on your talents and ideas.
Graduating Students/College Recruits
TVA periodically posts positions for students who are about to graduate or have graduated in the past four years. These are called college recruit positions. Information on required degrees and other details are included in the job postings at Jobs.
Internships and Co-op Positions
TVA employs interns and co-op students for fall, spring, and summer work terms and winter holiday breaks. Co-op students generally commit to work more than one term and alternate school and work terms based on a schedule developed by TVA and the student's school.
An intern may be hired for one or more terms based on business needs and the student's performance. TVA's internship and co-op programs serve as a recruiting source for potential permanent employees.
In order to meet the eligibility criteria for TVA's Intern/Co-op Program, the student must:
- Attend school full-time as defined by the college attended
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be a U.S. citizen or meet the requirements outlined in TVA's Citizenship Policy
- Demonstrate fitness for duty, which includes a drug screen.
The student may not:
- Be the son or daughter, stepson or stepdaughter, husband or wife of an officer of the company (vice president and above)
- Have a supervisory, administrative or working relationship with a relative or work where there is an appearance of favoritism.
In addition to the above, a two-year intern/co-op candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited two-year technical or community college
- Have completed two semesters of study at the college.
- In addition to the above, a four-year intern/co-op candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university
- Have completed the freshman year at the college or university.
The following benefits are provided for internship and co-op positions:
- Compensation: Students are paid a competitive hourly rate. Rates are based on class standing (graduate student, senior, junior, sophomore).
- Wellness program: Students are eligible for TVA's Live Well program, which features 37 fitness centers and other programs such as health-risk screenings.
- Free parking: Students working at plant sites and many other locations have free parking available to them. Students working in metropolitan areas such as Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis and Washington, D.C., are reimbursed for parking to a specific limit.
- Travel reimbursement: Students are paid in accordance with TVA's standard travel policies for expenses incurred in traveling when assigned work duties demand it.
- Housing assistance: Some intern/co-op students may be eligible for housing assistance if their official work station is more than 50 miles from their permanent home address or temporary school address and the student is working full-time.
Required Documentation (Transcripts)
You must meet the eligibility requirements for the intern/co-op program in order to be considered. You may be asked to submit your latest transcript during the selection process. If so, instructions on when and how to submit them will be provided.
If you see a bright future with TVA, apply at Jobs.